Standards-based Assessment & Grading: Principles & Practicalities for Today‚??s Classroom!
A Two-Day Seminar for Teachers of Grades 5 to 12
“Rick Wormeli has excellent presentation skills for adult learners. Rick‚??s materials are practical and easy to implement in the classroom.”
Julie A. Stevens,
PLUS! Receive Rick's book, Fair Isn't Always Equal (valued at $23.00), FREE when you attend!
Dramatically impact teaching and learning in your classroom! Learn the ‚??hows‚?Ě and ‚??whys‚?Ě of assessing and grading diverse learners.
- Focus assessments so that they provide valid evidence of
what is and is not mastery.
- Effectively use assessment that reveals your students‚?? readiness
and then provides descriptive feedback to help students revise
their efforts and achieve mastery of content and skills.
- Identify the necessary elements for useful pre, formative,
common, and summative assessments that really work in
- Know what to grade, how to grade, and how to report a
grade, especially when working with students who learn
- Thoughtfully address the burning issues of assessment and
grading, including: designing rubrics, using grading scales,
averaging scores, handling zeroes, homework, do-overs, late
work, extra credit, and much more.
- Develop a principled mindset to determine assessment and
grading techniques that create transcripts of true integrity
that stakeholders in other schools and districts can trust.
||Registration (Day one only)|
Complimentary Coffee and Muffins (Both day one and day two)
||Morning Break & SDE book table|
|11:45 AM−12:45 PM
||Lunch Break & SDE book table (Enjoy lunch on your own.)|
||Afternoon Break & SDE book table|
Team (register with 3 or more): $378 each
Special Group Pricing: For teams of 10 or more call 1-800-462-1478