SDE Featured Presenter
Timely Topics > Math > Witzel, Ph.D.
An experienced classroom teacher, leading researcher, published author, and special education expert, Dr. Witzel has taught high-achieving students with disabilities and at-risk concerns, including those with ELL and LEP needs. His dynamic presentations offer research-validated practices that focus on the development of special education teachers. Dr. Witzel has presented hundreds of workshops and conference presentations, written dozens of articles, and authored 7 books. He was an IES panelist on RtI and math and a reviewer of the National Math Panel Final Report. He is currently an Associate Professor and Administrator at Winthrop University.
Most Popular Presentations
- Schema-based Word Problems, (Gr. K-K)
- The Arithmetic to Algebra Gap, (Gr. K-5)
- Computational Learning and Retention, (Gr. K-12)
- CRA in Mathematics, (Gr. K-12)
- Early Numeracy Skills for Improving Student Outcomes, (Gr. K-5)
- Explicit Instruction in Mathematics, (Gr. K-12)
- Early Numeracy Skills for Students with Disabilities, Grades K-2
- Task Analysis to Improve Transitions in Textbooks, Grades 4-12
- Informed Instruction through Efficient Assessment, Grades K-12